Platteklip Gorge Overview
See the “City of Cape Town” lit up for the night or morning on a 3-hour Platteklip hike. Glide down the Riverways past fabulous monuments ablaze against the night or morning sky. Pass under the shadows of romantic rock canyons while the music of nature serenades you on your Platteklip Gorge hike.
Check two huge sites off your bucket list with this exciting guided 3-hour tour of the Table Top mountain and Platteklip Gorge. Start the tour by getting early Reserve Line Access boarding on the Aerial Cableway to Table Mountain, first by hiking up and then by taking the Cableway down again. Once there, go inside the contours of the rocks and head to the observation decks for an awesome view of Cape Town City and its surroundings. Then hop back on the shuttle to head back down, but first get on the Aerial Cableway to learn about the intriguing history of landmarks to The Cape that took place here between 1820 and 2018.
- 3-hour guided visit to the Table Mountain National Park and Cableway Station
- Explore the grounds at Table Mountain Top before heading inside the Aerial Cableway for observation decks and a picture taking
- View exhibits at the upper Aerial Cableway inside the attached tram on Table Mountain
- Early Reserve Line boarding on the Aerial Cableway to Go back down and get shuttled early
Why Travelers Choose Platteklip Gorge
Shorter security lines and an early departure time mean you’re one step ahead of the thousands of people who visit Table Mountain each day. Only small purses and camera bags are recommended inside the hiking tour, so travel light or bring cash for the tour guide at the start of the hike, and extra money for the Table Mountain gift stop.
Highlights of Platteklip Gorge
- Experience the “City of Cape Town” at dawn or after dark on a Table Mountain hiking tour
- Hike up the Platteklip Gorge past large rock monuments such as the walls of the ascending route
- Get information about Platteklip Gorge in Cape Town from a live guide
- Enjoy panoramic views on top of Table Mountain a local Capetonian pleasure hike
- Be serenaded by the nature accompaniment as you pass through wild trees and animals
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Tafelberg Road, Cape Town, 8001|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the hike or collection pickup time|
Departure to Table Mountain
At the mountain